Monday, June 7, 2010

Magazine Oh Magazine

Two words for you. Teen magazines. Are they taking over the planet? Do we all base our fashion lives on the magazines that simply go with the flow? Of course, I do read one or two of these magazines and I have an unhealthy obssesion with People. I do not however base everything I wear on these magazines. That would be a terrible injustice to being a Style Misfit hmmm? I suppose I am asking you all many questions and that is not my job.
So teen mags. A majority of the pages are ads for clothing, deodarant, perfume, TV shows, ect. This would be a blatant example of marketers trying to poison the minds of young girls everywhere. The rest of the pages have a suprisingly little to do with the fashions of today. More than likely there are articles about life or the personal styles of bloggers and writers. This is to bad because we really could use a good fashion icon or magazine that actually talks about fashion. So my friends? What do you think? Tell your friends, discuss it! These magazines in my opinion have a tendancy to be intresting for a while and then bore us to death. You want a real fashion trend experience? Go to a store you can't afford and take notes. Teens can learn a surprising amount from just looking. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment